Catholic Mortuaries recognizes that cremation is a personal choice for many families. The Order of Christian Funerals strongly prefers that cremation take place after the full Funeral Liturgy with the body present. However, when this is not possible, the Funeral Mass may be celebrated in the presence of the cremated remains of the deceased, subject to conditions determined by the Archdiocese. Catholic Mortuaries offers a complete range of cremation packages that are specially designed to complement traditional Catholic funeral rites and observances.
All Parish Packages for cremation include the following:
- Use of facilities and staff for funeral ceremony or equipment and staff for church service.
- Cremation fee
- Professional services of our funeral director and staff including:
- Preparation and securing permits and death certificates
- Coordination with clergy and other individuals
- Coordination with cemetery staff
- Transfer of deceased from place of death into our care
- Embalming or refrigeration
- Preparation for Viewing
- Transfer to Crematory
- Casket/Container Allowance
- Urn Allowance
- Memorial Package Allowance
- Parish honorarium
- Free crucifix
- Death certificate - 1 certified copy
- Cremation permit
When you select one of the Cremation Parish Packages, you decide what your visitation needs are and what kind of casket or container is in keeping with your need and budget.
- The Standard Package provides you with visitation/vigil at our facility and comes with a casket allowance.
- The Memorial Package comes with a container allowance.
Click here to view our Traditional Services.